Technical Problem with POL

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Is the POL website slow in loading pages? It does not load on my PC anymore unless I access it via VPN. Do you have an explanation?
I log on the POL most days. I've not noticed any delays in downloading. I use a laptop with Windows 10 and the browser is Firefox.
I have two computers on the go at the moment, a laptop running Windows 10, and the old reliable on which I'm typing this - which runs Linux. (I say 'reliable', in that it reliably freezes minutes after booting up.) On both, the POL website is a touch slow to load - I presume this is because of its size: what the knowledgeable probably call 'the cache'. But when it has, it works fine - I doubt that this is of any help to Pat, but it might suggest the problem doesn't lie with the site.
Seems fine to me today, on other occasions I've noticed delay in loading. When that happens I clear my browsing data, usually works, but I'm sure you've tried that. Lew.
No issues here in Essex, Windoze 8 on a Tablet
No problems with me either.
Thank you all for writing about your experience. It just puzzles me that mine only works via VPN. Maybe it´s to do with Brexit since I live in Germany 😉 Well, I don´t know.