Curious and curiouser.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I've just noticed what for me is an oddity on the art in my POL account. I'm talking about the bit showing your 'top 5' pictures, it gives 'views' and places them in order. A while back I posted a pic showing Elizabeth 1 and Sir Walter Raleigh taking a 'selfie'. It's an OK pic and got good feedback when I posted it...but it's suddenly surged to the top of my 'top five' pics. It's well ahead of my better pics (not that I have an idea what people will like). This is not important...I'm pleased it's being looked at. I've had no comments on it since it was posted, but it's suddenly acquired a LOT of views. Surely not in POL with people looking at your gallery? I'm not on FACEACHE or TWIT, so I'm just wondering where these 'views' came from. (I had a quick look on FACEBOOK, but gave up ploughing through all the pictures...I don't think the powers-that-be on POL feature my work on FACEBOOK. Again...no big deal...not important...but any idea where these extra views come from? Lew.
Enjoy Lew. POL is a bit onto itself. I find the most viewed pics on my site very odd not ones I would have chosen. Off with her head.
Just loved that pic Lew, please don't ever remove it! Brilliant idea and loved the execution. If you really want to know about the "views" you could drop Dawn Farley an email, she is always very responsive and helpful. If you do, I think the rest of us on the forum would be interested in the answer.
I'm just curious about it, that's all. These 'top five' do change but until now it's been by a few 'views', then suddenly - seemingly overnight - this pic gets a LOT of extra views. It's gone from not being on my list, to more than a hundred views more than my previously 'most viewed' picture. Perhaps there's some other outlet for viewings that I'm not aware of. (I had a squint through POLs facebook stuff, and found none of my work.) When I see other peoples art that I like, I'll look through their gallery...this will prompt extra views on their lists....but in a small way. So, no big deal. I posted this hoping someone would say...'ahh, that's caused by blah, blah, blah.'
POL sometimes shows pictures on Facebook, and that Instagram thing of which I know little. And Google picks up all sorts of things .... If you post here, can fame be far behind?
Yes Pat, I hadn't thought of that. I googled as you said, and my pic came up first (not surprising, as it's the ONLY Liz/Raleigh SELFIE pic, the rest are just paintings of the duo.) So those 'googlers' are opening POL and viewing my pic...that's a credible reason why it might suddenly get a few hundred extra views. And Robert, I know POL does have a facebook account...I didn't see any of my pics on there....again, not surprising, most of my work isn't typical of the magazines output. So, mystery solved. Thanks to all. Lew.