Don’t lend you art books before checking prices

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Recently when going through my art book collection I noticed one of my books by Joseph Zbukvic is now selling for $270 upwards to $600 , Castagnets painting with passion is going at $130 upwards , some of Castagnets books are selling at a staggering $800 upwards .... So before lending take note , also copies of these books often come up at secondhand bookshops snap them up and you will get a nice holiday out of it
What is this alien word "lend", of which you speak? If people approach my little library with a view to selecting a few choice volumes, I fight them off with sticks and, if available, sharper implements. What you need to do with your collection is create a demand - casually drop suggestions that "The Art of Painting", by Xenia Clungge, which you just happen to own but is sadly out of print, is an absolute mine of information without which you just can't imagine how other artists manage. Speak wistfully of your determined attempts to see it re-published, since its indispensability has long been a by-word in informed circles. Then, when you have people thirsting for it, they will be prepared to offer ludicrous sums of money, at which point (and preferably just before a publisher decides to give it a fresh airing in paperback at only £2.50) you can decide that it's your duty, really, to part with your treasured copy - in order to help at least one other aspiring artist - but will have to ask .... well the rest is up to you; however much you think the market will stand. I have, in my time, dealt in pre-loved volumes - perhaps you could tell.....
Move fast, Pat - Virgil has found a publisher to issue his book again, so its price will surely tumble.
Syd, I've just installed Firefox on my desktop PC. Here are the steps: go into their website - www.firefox.com (from whatever browser you use now). Then click on the green "download" button. It next asks for your email address, I didn't give it mine as I don't want them to send me advertising. I then saw Firefox installer.exe on the bar at the bottom of my screen (your device might show it in a different position). I clicked on that and it asked whether I wanted to run the installer. It asks whether to allow it to make changes on my computer, I clicked Yes. It says "now installing" and there is a bar showing progress. It took 2 - 3 minutes on a fairly old PC. It again asks for email address but you can skip that step if you want. Firefox then appears in a new tab and invites you to get browsing. Along the way there are icons to click on if you want tips and tricks, help etc. I didn't but that could be useful. This worked for a desktop. I hope I have made it reasonably simple, but I can't guarantee that it will be the same for your iPad. You could try though, if you do I'd be interested to know whether it worked for you. Good luck!