Paintings saved wrong way round

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This still happens from time to time on the Gallery. Pat, you have an excellent explanation of why this happens and how to prevent it. I would really appreciate it if you didn't mind posting your explanation yet again as a reply to my post, and I'll capture and save it so that I can comment when this happens (I've just seen one upside down and the poster doesn't know why). I can't quite remember how you worded your explanation and I don't explain this so well myself. I've searched and searched but can't retrieve yours. Just thought it could be helpful if I could reproduce your advice. Many thanks in advance.
I’m sure Pats suggestion will be the correct techie one. Mine is to take the pic upside down in the first place then when it’s posted and it should, ha ,ha ,now have been bloody minded and be the correct way round. 😉
Pat's explanation was to do with the way that a device is programmed to save the image the same way round every time. His advice is to take note of how you are holding the device when it saves right way round and then hold that way each time. I have occasionally given this advice when someone has commented that they don't know why their painting is sideways on or upside down. However Pat did word it better than I can, which is why I wish you'd respond please! Then I'll copy and save your explanation for future use. I know that you've advised some artists on the Gallery but can't find those posts.
Thank-you very much Pat. I'll now copy and save your much better worded explanation to my hard drive, then if I spot one and you haven't I can give advice. I did see one upside down painting about a couple of days ago, the artist didn't know why it had saved that way. I did add a comment along the lines of yours, but just couldn't remember how you had worded the tech part.

Edited
by SandraKennedy

p.s. Just thought I'd let you know Pat that this morning (our time) I've copied your explanation to two paintings on the Gallery saved wrong way round. How much notice they (two different artists) take will depend I suppose on how committed they are to showing a good image of their work. One needed cropping as well so I would wonder.