Woods Near Home

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is an acrylic under-sketch for an oil painting I'm hoping to complete over the next couple of days. I used a photo I took this winter whilst searching for a suitable site. It's not a bad subject so I'll see what I can do. The light will be coming in from the right. (not painted yet). It's a canvas 40 x 30 cms btw.

Edited
by Beemax

Lovely photograph. Will be a joy to do.
Thank you very much, Sylvia and Linda, for dropping in to comment. Appreciated. I've just spent a couple of hours bringing it up to the next stage but still have a long way to go. Here it is.
Oooh Bri, this is going to be fab!
Thank you very much, Margaret, for the encouraging comments. Always appreciated. Thanks again, Linda, and thanks for the thumbs up so far. Much appreciated. I've finished the next stage and will now leave it to dry (to the touch) before finishing this off. The sky needs lightening, I think, and the foreground could maybe do with a footstep or two. Nearly there. Best to both Bri
Really like it, interesting to see how it has progressed. Will look forward to the final result.
Thank you very much, AG and Sandra, for dropping in to comment. Much appreciated. Some highlights, a brighter sky and something in the foreground should see this one finished. I'll probably add a few extra twigs to the trees in the foreground but not too many. Best to both Bri
Interesting to sew it is developing and the light is creeping in - but i really prefer the underpainting!
Thank you very much, Linda and Splosh for the great comments. Appreciated. I'm enjoying this one, Linda, and I'm sure it's because I was there to take the photos. This is a kind of hybrid. I keep looking at the sky, wondering if it should be made lighter or not. Can't decide. Ah, I must admit there's something appealing about the acrylic sketch, Splosh. I also liked it. *smile* Here's a brighter version of the oil as it is now. More to come. Best to both and thanks again Bri
Here's the final version, which I've now posted in the gallery.
Just looked at this in the gallery Bri, it's wonderful!
Thanks again, Linda and Margaret for the marvellous support and kind comments. Appreciated more than I can say. Best Bri