Mustangs at the OK Diner WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Got a decent start on this over the last couple of nights - as usual please forgive the crap photography :) : This one's a large canvas (1000x500mm) but I'm hoping to have it completed by the beginning of September. Anth
Love the composition, looking good already. I shall watch with interest, thanks for sharing. Lew.
Looking good so far, anth, with the drawing looking highly polished. Great start. Bri
I've got to admit Bri, I'm a tracer - so at best, it's highly polished tracing :) This one's a commission Marjorie, which makes a nice change - hoping to get a few more in before the end of the year as well to keep me busy, and got a couple of other pieces on the go now as well. Cheers, Anth
Got a bit of progress on this one over the weekend, need to motor on now as I've got a birthday deadline for the next one :) Anth
When you're working in as much detail as this, you've little alternative to being a wicked tracer..... that doesn't matter a bit, if it gives you great results. You have gorgeous clean lines - your own vision - accurate representation: go on, ducks, go for it, and discard criticism of your method: you know as well as any of us do that you need to be careful, but so long as you are, it's the result that counts.
Amen Robert - I'll happily defend my methods, and will never criticise other peoples', I only wish some others could do the same. Still, never mind, crack on eh? :)
Had a few things to do today so took a day off and got one of the Mustang wheels done - That's the back end pretty much finished. I'm trying to do a little each day to keep it going, it's going well so far. Anth
Cheers Ant :)
More Mustang detail...bit the bullet and painted all the fiddly things I'd avoided last week: Coming along nicely now! Anth
Looking good. Keep at it, it's going to be a beauty. Bri
Cheers ;) I'm flying now so I hope to have this finished to present to the owner at our next Mustang meet beginning of September.
Showing page 1 of 4