Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi everyone. I am divorced mother of one that needs to find their way back into the art world again. I have painted and sold one or two, but late in life I suffered a big set back that left me with no interest in art of any kind and now I really I feel that I need to start painting again but finding it very hard going. So I have come here hoping that this will get me started. In my late 40's I went to college and did 2 years life drawing that I really enjoyed, great company as well as having a good tutor just can't be beat. Edit: I forgot to add that I am 69 now

Edited
by lo5twne

Hi and welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy the chat. There are such knowledgeable people here so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
Many of us are hovering around the 70 mark, and one of our little wonders, young Syd, is over 90. I suspect many of us find that getting on a bit takes a lot of pressure off - we don't need to worry about getting better and better, though of course we'll all want to improve for as long as we can. We also have much younger members - so there's a wide range of abilities, knowledge, attitudes towards art and life. Plenty of us have had our problems too - try getting through life without them - so I think we'd all say, if you're finding it hard to get back into it, share your problems with us; someone will have an answer, perhaps several of us will; don't push yourself too hard - you don't need to prove anything here, we don't judge and don't offer critique, on the whole, unless asked to; take one of the magazines (Leisure Painter and/or The Artist: they're full of encouragement and inspiration); show your work on the Gallery when you feel ready to, and remember - there's no pressure. Take your time, get to know us, and - welcome.
Thank you for the welcome, I get the magazines when I can and read them while looking after my mum, she is approaching 100, the rest of the time I am on my computer. I did used to be a member of several other art sites and enjoyed but kind of got lost along the way, that's the reason for my name. I have put pencil to paper a couple of times but hate the mess I made each time, but I will put a couple of my old ones up some time soon.
Hello and welcome aboard the POL forum, a helpful and friendly lot, here. You don't have to put in your real name, maybe Daisy, or something like that :) Your mother is a marvellous age I can only imagine the life stories she can tell. Look forward to seeing your work. There's also a WIP section, now don't be shy...
hi Carol and thanks, I don't mid adding my real name but that was how I felt at the time, no more no less. Yes my mum can tell some tales, though recently her memory is not so good but we remember them for her and that's what matters isn't it :) BTW I added my age as just a part of telling you all a bit about me it was not mean as anything else as I know that there are people a lot older than me who are also better artists :) Oh and my rl name is Steph