Probably a sill question re Comments

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello I'm new to POL (I've introduced myself on the artists intros) and I was wondering how do you reply to comments on the gallery page please? Can you reply to individual comments? Many thanks, Elaine
You add another comment. Private responses via PM method
However, when you add another comment the other comment-writers don't get to know about it.
If you want to have emails to let you know if someone has commented on your work you can go to 'Manage Profile' under 'My Account', there is a tick box at the bottom of the page. Most people leave comments to thank other commenters ? is that a word? It's just a polite and nice thing to do. Unless the people who comment on your work look back at your painting, they don't know whether you have thanked or not. As David suggests, you could send private messages to all who comment but that would just be too time consuming. I hope you understand this and don't feel even more confused lol.
Sometimes when I comment, I'm asking a question. (Maybe you do too). If you remember the posted pic you can go back to it again...if it hasn't vanished into the dark depths of the gallery. So it can be quicker to click on 'MY ACCOUNT'... on the right hand side among the 'options' is 'MY COMMENTS'...clicking on that will provide all the comments you've made. If you had a query, clicking on the appropriate comment you made will take you back to the post.