Convolvulous, work in progress from photographs

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2

Edited
by SylviaEvans

Really delightful interpretation Sylvia. So glad to see you painting again, do hope that as time goes on you are able to do more.
a lovely flower for painting and you will go on to do a beautiful picture well done Sandra

Edited
by Tao

Love the sketch, Sylvia. It's clear this is an interpretation of the photo, you're just taking what you need. I'm getting a folklore-ish feel from it, it's the kind of thing you see in the background of folklore illustrations. But that's just me, I guess. An oddity about this plant is that it looks great in tangled hedgerows, less great in the garden...where it's a nuisance. Lew
A gorgeous painting, Sylvia. You have the essence of the plant to a 'T' really lovely.
It looks great Sylvia, so glad you are managing to get some 'me' time.
Really looking forward to seeing progress on this Sylvia, the prelim sketch is beautiful. Anth
Sylvia this is an absolute stunner. Wonderful convolvulous shapes and they stand out so well against the plain dark background. Very pleased you have your own space again and are painting.

Edited
by SandraKennedy

Your painting is looking gorgeous Sylvia, I like the dark background.
Wow! this has moved on, Sylvia. Bold and beautiful. I still love the movement in that sketch, mind :)
Love it Sylvia, gorgeous touches of blue. I hope that your enthusiasm comes rushing back after some suitable liquid refreshment. (No, I don't drink tea either).
I think it's bold and very eye-catching, Sylvia. A real head-turner. It's not my favourite plant but the trumpet flowers always look so attractive. The leaves are also beautiful to look at, so it's a shame they're such invasive and persistent plants. Keep at it, because you'll feel elated when it's finally finished. Hard slog, though, when you've had enough. Bri
Showing page 1 of 2