Frank Herring versatile easel

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Has anybody tried the Frank Herring easel - if so what are your views on it please ? https://www.frankherringandsons.com/?section=products&prod=1179 (I've had various easels: a wooden one which quickly wore out; a W & N type, very heavy; nowadays a Jax easel from Great Art - not bad, aluminium frame, but it's rather heavy and fiddly to set up)
No experience of Frank Herring easels but I have Mabef and Artmaster studio easels and have found both acceptable although I had to make adjustments to the Mabef to make it more stable.
I have a Mabef box easel for plein air work and it works well and has the advantage of coping with different sizes of canvas boards, but is on the heavy side with all the paint tubes etc. inside. I also have a small box which only takes 14"x10" canvas boards and fits on a standard camera tripod and is much lighter. it was made by a chap called Rowley Abbey in Bradford and I believe he has a website at 'abbeyeasels' if you want to take a look.