My garden.. a pic to paint.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
I took this the other day in the garden.i planted out this area with these amazing iris about three years ago. This year they have been just wonderful.. I’m posting this to see if anyone would like to paint it. Maybe this is where Haas’s Magenta would come in useful.
Its beautiful Sylvia. The flowers everywhere this year seem to be exceptional. My roses are the best I've ever seen them!
what a lovely picture thanks! ill give it a go...
Well there's lovely, Sylvia, I'll start this later on, smashing picture, Hello Nelly, welcome to the forum.Just so gorgeous, Jen. Is this in the painting challenge, also?
Lovely picture Sylvia, I would love to give it a go, might be in a couple of days, got a lot on at the moment, but I will keep tuned in. Linda D.

Edited
by Anderson42

Dont know how I've managed to do it but I've posted my painting over my original reply, lol Linda.
You've made that look easy, Sylvia, nice work. I will have a go later today, thanks Jen, these are great pic' of Nelly. Here's my effort. I've made a small Chinese fan, and added a verse. Such a lovely blousy flower, I've never painted an Iris, but I'm certainly going to do so in the future. Lovely loose work, Linda, a gorgeous representation. Marvellous challenge.

Edited
by carol

Carole that is lovely, i'm amazed at how much your colours are like my painting and I love the way you have incorporated into the fan, Linda D
A good observation of what was in front of us, and of course good use of our pallet :) Thanks Linda.
Linda and Carol, your paintings are marvellous. I can't seem to get anywhere with mine, I've thrown three in the bin but I will keep trying!!
Margaret I have every confidence in you, perhaps you were just not in the mood, your flower paintings are always good. Linda.
Margaret, why not try an abstract, using the colours in the photo, and pick out shapes with a fine liner, you might find that more rewarding, no need for detail, could be a fun :) I'm going to try that method with Sylvia's lily pond, a lovely subject, all those gorgeous greens to play about with. Syd, your looking good for 92, I hope I look as good when I get there... hope I get there. Out lovely dogs are with us such a short time, although mine are working dogs they still have treats and we go on holidays together, wouldn't go without them, it's good to spoil them and the certainly know it :)
Showing page 1 of 2