Derek Snowdon

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Dear all, I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, but it is with much sadness to inform you that Derek (Dad) passed away suddenly on 1st May. In sorting through his emails/subscriptions etc I have been able to get access to this site. Derek's funeral was last Thursday and throughout the service we displayed some of his much loved artwork via a video loop. He is dearly missed by his wife, children, grand children and many friends. Thank you Bridget
Dear Bridget. So very sorry to hear of your sudden loss. Funerals are a service to remember and also to celebrate a persons life. Such a wonderful way to share your thoughts with others via a video loop. Take care Kind regards Carol x

Edited
by carol

Dear Bridget. This is just the right place to post this. Please accept my sympathies for your loss, I always enjoyed your dads lovely paintings and sketches they were always lively and colourful . I’m sure others on here who corresponded with him feel the same way . He will be missed. Sylvia .
Commiserations to the family, and R.I.P Derek. Such a sad event.
He will be sadly missed.
Really sorry to learn of Derek's passing. He will be missed and remembered for his paintings and interesting contributions to this forum.
So very sorry to hear this sad news but I'm sure you will continue to enjoy looking at your Dad's work. My sympathy goes to you and all the family.
A very sad event. The last time I et him, a few weeks ago, i couldnt stay for the offered cup of tea. Now I regret that rushed day. RIP Derek. Sadly missed old friend. David.
Sorry to hear this, I never know what to say about such matters... words not enough.
Sad news indeed. Will miss his style, his comments and his honest helpful opinions.
Very sorry to hear this Bridget - I met your dad when he came over to the Isle of Wight, and spent some hours with him; he also met up with my landlord and landlady, whom he'd known through the Hash Harriers some years earlier - my landlady suffered a bad stroke shortly thereafter, and of course your father had triumphed well over his, with loss of the finer movements which must have been very frustrating for him. He still managed to produce interesting work with the help of his 'card' technique, and often showed it, and his works in progress, here. We all join together here in sending you our sympathy.
I am very sorry to hear this sad news. I really liked Derek's paintings on the Gallery. I didn't know that he had had a stroke, he certainly produced interesting work with the "card" technique.
Showing page 1 of 2