Multiple postings on the gallery.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
I have noticed on the gallery this morning that 'Marion Pyke' has been able to post 7 works with today's date. How has this happened?. I was under the impression that the limit was 4, which in the opinion of many of us, is still too many. I have also spotted that a few of the same paintings were posted yesterday as well, repetition of our work on the gallery is not ideal in my opinion.
I wonder how they snook through... two a day would be ideal.
Very odd...when I joined the site last November the guidelines said 'up to 4 a day'. Perhaps there is no physical restriction in place, and you can post more by just doing it. I'm not about to try it. Lew.
There was a restriction of 4, and the site won't allow you to post any more than that. (or it didn't do). I did try it once when I wanted to post a series of 5 plein-air sketches of Polperro, it blocked me out. Never tried it since because as most of us agree, two a day should be enough for the majority of us.
I agree with Alan, Sandra and Lewis -- It is not really fair to other artists if this keeps happening, especially as some are definitely not to my taste. I think if there was a limit of two a day, it might encourage other newer artists to post a few more paintings, there is nothing so disappointing as posting a painting only to find that it has disappeared from the front page within an hour or so, which on the face of it means or think that no-one will ever find it. soap box put away now for a while ....:alien:
I've never tried, so far as I remember, to post more than two in one go - because it has always struck me that more than this just ensures your work doesn't get looked at properly. So while I note Alan's comments, I don't know if there's a physical restriction on this site. I always thought there wasn't - maybe it was the speed of trying to add more that caused them to be blocked? I do remember page after page of posts from one member, who had simply not read the guidance properly. I would back a physical limit, if it were possible to enact it.
It seems this artist has registered two accounts and has posted work to the gallery using each of them - I have sent a mail about this and intend to close one of the accounts down. The four per day limit is definitely still in place for all users!
I did spot the reason why, but was a little between a rock and a hard place. Mention it in the forum, or in a comment, and you risk other would be "rule benders" following suit. Perhaps those of us who find it unacceptable could keep an eye out for any-one else posting more than 4 a day, and alert POL by email.
Two accounts - what fiendish cunning! Unless of course one was opened inadvertently. Good to have the position made clear.
So, if you straddle "midnight" can you upload four, and then another four just a few minutes later? Some things are really hard to police but it's good to know there is some sort of bar.
Thank-you Alan for raising the matter and Dawn for clarifying. Personally I agree with those who say that two a day would be ample, and am quite reluctant to look at 4 paintings from the same artist unless they really appeal to me a lot. Tao has a good point about how rapidly one's work can vanish and be buried. Which is why I have a fairly extensive "follow" list.
Good grief. Listen to yourselves folks. We're talking about a bunch of amateur painters in the main, even some professionals displaying their personal offerings for approval, so what? Why are we telling people what work rate they should adhere to in what is effectively a massive art class? All anyone is doing is displaying their enthusiasm for art amongst like minded souls on a free, organised and well run website. It isn't an E-bay or Amazon selling market but like a large popular club.. Most members don't even add blog links or website links where they display works for sale ( I'm one) and the site rules are strict and easily obeyed. Four creations per day is the rule and only occasionally does anyone, even me, need not comply with that rule surely. Some people paint slowly and one or two works per day, if that, is adequate for them. Some, like me, work fast , am retired and with the time to do it often stick up three or four paintings/sketches each day although I do try to space then out and not post them in a row, and I also do it mainly for my own pleasure and not seeking praise. I don't even call myself an artist. Please let's not start enforcing personal preferences and opinions as rules on a site that already has them in place. Nobody has to submit anything unless they wish to and it isn't obligatory to do so. If we just play by the rules, what problem? Sorry if this offends, that's never my intent, but surely it's all a bit traffic-warden over the top to stipulate painting allowance ? I'll understand if you don't speak to me....😆
Showing page 1 of 3