Sketching competitions

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Two new sketching competitions for you to enter, along with the April issue challenges from David Bellamy and Adebanji Alade to sketch scenes in your neighbourhood and children, we now invite to you to enter your sketches of flora and fauna and statues and monuments. British summertime starts this weekend so get your sketchbooks out!
These look great POL . Thanks .will enjoy.
Hi can it be Flora the fantasy Goddess themed?
I'm enjoying these competitions, although whether I'll be able to participate in all of them remains to be seen. Some subjects could see me well out of my depth, we'll see, but so far so good. I have a great subject in mind for DB's latest, I need to venture across the field to sketch it. There are quite a few interesting statues in Shugborough Hall, which is on my doorstep, looking forward to that one also, and I can sketch these from the front seat of my car if need be. BST may be upon us Dawn, but can you guarantee summer temperatures?.
Temperature dropped again this afternoon - didn't feel very summery in my overcoat, scarf, and cossack hat (looked lovely, mind, but then you'd expect that). Will I enter, won't I ..? Oh decisions decisions .... bet I won't, or will procrastinate until it's too late. But I'll get some more sketching paper, just to show willing.
I'm up for it. I tried to make a brave start today, but work got in the way :(
Well I think i've entered the sketchbook challenges - if all we have to do is post the drawings in the gallery like the other work? Woke up this morning determined to beat those daffodils so I'm going to have another crack at them shortly.
Ah Carol please don't make me go near daffodils again!!! That was painful!!
Great sketch Sylvia! These are coming thick and fast, I can't keep up with it. Trees!, great, I've just put a tree in one of the other competitions, sketch nature I think. I suppose I'll have to go out and draw another two or three now. I won't be entering the seaside one though because I haven't got and sea - good enough reason.
Great drawing/painting Sylvia, and time (in reply to your question) has been the problem this month, and still is. But I'll take a look at the comps again later - over the weekend. Probably find they've all closed.
Love your colourful trees Sylvia. Really cheerful.
I do know I keep banging on about the competitions. There are some great entries...including mine and Alan’s and Marjorie’s. But sadly not many from other people.... I just think it’s sad that someone has taken the time and trouble to set them up and so few people actually do them.. it’s so easy to do...😉
Showing page 1 of 2