Own Website

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Has anybody created their own website using one if the free tools available such as Wix? Just wondered how easy it was and how satisfied were you with the result?
hey john sure I have, before wix killed off their flash based engines the adverts wasn't too bad but now it's HTML5 it's rife with adverts. Id recommend Weebly as an artist it has great gallery options.
Sylvia sorry! ill translate....Wix is a website building site that used to use a flash based engine in the design software for its members to design their sites, but Google has been pushing out flash for the last couple of years due to security flaws & bringing in an engine called HTML5. now it's switched to HTML5 it's riddled with adverts. Weebly web design on the other hand is a much better site for artists as it has great gallery options. :) "diatribe" - a forceful and bitter verbal attack against someone or something.
If you're up for creating something yourself then Net Objects Fusion Essentials is a free download and it's full of usable templates. Make sure you read the manual - start from one of their "standard" designs and work it from there. You'll need to have somewhere to host your site once it's ready to publish My website is www (dot) rollmopmusic (dot) co (dot) uk - I don't treat it as a primary source of bookings; it exists to shut up the people who say "You've got to have a website"
Thanks for giving me the kick I needed... I just checked and my domain name still exists from nine and a half years ago (due for renewal it seems) and I think I am going to make a basic website with a thumbnail gallery...
i love my weebly website, you have to delve into the deeper learning about SEO but hey-ho!! just remember to update your website at least x2 every week!!

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.