When.you go in holiday...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
...do you take a special travel set of paints and brushes, some of your usual or all if them? I only askbbecause when I went away last week I took the little travel set of Winsor and Newton paints and the little.travel brush. The paints are very nice and compact though the brushes are awkward on anything bigger than yhe 6*4 pads. But in July I'm off to Greece and will take paint again, probably the WN stuff but I'll take proper brushes as I want to make much bigger paper. Just intrigued as to what others do. David
Those little travel brushes David are a pain in the bum...neither use or ornament. I used a little travel set like yours for years and they are great, i still use a variation ,a plastic box cos they are light and a limited colour palette of your favourite colours . A small pencil case a soft pencil, a H B , a few ink pens cos I like them a putty rubber and a small selection of your favourite brushes, I like familiar. My brushes go into a tube container and I use a cut off plastic bottle that fits over the top of the tube as a water pot. I have an ancient Eagle Creek zipped container and it will hold all of that lot plus some kitchen roll . I like my A5 Moleskine sketch book which with a squash will also fit into the Eagle Creek. ....you could also use water contained brushes, you know the ones , a brush with a refillable water thingy that it screws into. . I also use a small backpack so can also take a A4 sketch book , bottle ( refillable) of water , my phone for taking photos or small camera , I also have a well travelled piece of cloth bought from a street market in Africa that I put on the ground with all my gear on it , that way it’s all in sight and can pack away easily. Plus you can sit on it or use it to sheild you from hot sun...last but not least a bar of chocolate.
Usually, I don't take lots of stuff with me, just a pencil and a sketchbook. I prefer to relax. But this summer I was going to visit Georgia and decided to pack up all the stuff I can, but I had to postpone the trip cause of the situation with the virus. Maybe I will find someone who would like to travel with me when it's all over? I was thinking about these tours https://onewaytour.ge/. Send me a message.

Edited
by Marg Waddell

Marg look up Art Safari , they are wonderful,  lots of destinations at varying prices both here and abroad.  I have done a lot of trips to different African countries with them  I went on my own and met so many lovely people spo being on my own didn’t even cross my mind.  Though this year I have signed up with Adebanji Alade ( the addictive sketcher ) to go to Morocco in October .  It might well not happen. Though I sincerely hope it does . If you want details let me know.