Short video of an artist drawing a pencil portrait

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I know someone who is interested in art, especially the routine that artists follow when drawing. Does any member know of a short video showing a professional artist doing a quick pencil portrait from start to finish? I imagine there's thousands on Youtube, the problem is fishing out the good videos. I'd be pleased to hear your views.
Keora, Google Adebanji Alade . Hes amazing and a joy of a personality. He used to post here on P O L . Its a case if sifting through his stuff there is a lot out there but he is full of inspiration. Adebanji Alade Artist added a new video: Today's Motivation for creatives is "KEEP ON PRODUCING". 30 January at 22:10 · Thank God it's CHOOSEDAY!!!!!!! What are YOU gonna CHOOSE to do today? Today's Motivation for creatives is "KEEP ON PRODUCING". http://adebanjialade.co.uk/

Edited
by SylviaEvans

Yes, Sylvia has picked out a top-drawer artist with Adebanji. He is indeed a prolific figure and portrait artist who works in all medium. He is a frequent contributor to 'The Artist' magazine, imparting some great words of wisdom which are nothing short of inspirational and certainly motivational. I was only watching a programme about his life a couple of weeks ago, he is a compulsive sketcher and never goes anywhere without a sketchbook and pencil and has won many awards - certainly my first choice.

Edited
by alanbickley

Look out for Adebanji in the April issue of The Artist - he will be launching a new sketching competition too!
I wish he would bottle his enthusiasm and send a litre of it down here - he makes me feel as if I've died and don't yet realize it....