Another work in progress

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I thought I had the hump a bit, I did a self portrait but could hardly be bothered to do more than the basic shapes having lost interest a bit in that one (It's only in my sketch book so no big deal...its also in the gallery with no likes or comments) regardless I felt a bit tired of copying from photographs and wanted to do something a bit different. Well I managed to contort myself for a photo managing to get the light to run across my back and then I downloaded some photographs of a crowd at a Tyson fight and have decided to make a piece called "I could have been a contender" The plan is to have myself in colour and the crowd in black and white. This is acrylic on an A4 canvas board, I am sure I could do a better job on a larger scale (at A2 I could get some detail into the faces of the onlookers) but at this scale I will merely hint at them having facial features.)
Looks interesting - I'll try to find your posting on the Gallery, but as you know: they don't stay long in one place. It's a sod when you lose interest in something you're working on - rarely happens to me, but it has; best thing then is probably to just get rid of it, not return to it out of a sense of guilt or obligation..
It's finished and in the gallery. I think it turned out OK, I seemed to capture the likeness very well and the colour against black and white does make me stand out. One or two characters in the crowd could have been done better.
It's unusual - which is always good; unusual sells. Don't know if you'd want to sell it, though. Well done for having a go with this - to be honest, it's something I'd never have thought of doing, not having that sort of mind.... nor indeed that sort of body, but we won't dwell on that. You're not seeking advice here, but if you were - and butting in - I'd just say keep doing what you're doing: always the best way of getting to where you want to be.