More work done with gouache

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Today I spent time using gouache which is like acrylics but more flexible. I really enjoyed using them finding the colours were vibrant I only found it hard to do the fencing and the green areas. This I want to improve on and appreciate any advice or feedback off anyone. The cliff edge I usually find hard but I really took my time adding different colours. Something to keep working on and get better at.
Cliff looks pretty cool now, not sure about the marshmallow clouds... that sea is interesting now too.
Was it 'ordinary' gouache, I wonder, or acrylic gouache? The latter does exist, and I've been meaning to try it. I like the movement in the sea in this one - and I know how hard the sea is to paint: I have had enormous trouble with it even living almost next to it: I think I've just looked too long.... The clouds don't really work, do they? I expect you know that - bear in mind that even when full of rain and foreboding, clouds are still light, and shaped by wind - so they have torn edges, they vary in colour and tone. Yours are the clouds I painted when starting out (thousands of years ago....... slight exaggeration, but it feels like it): having more in common with sausages than actual clouds. If you can, go out for the day and really look at the world around you - then draw it, and paint it. Books are often very helpful, but your own vision and experience will teach you far more.
Coming along nicely, I like it :)
I love how you have painted the rough surface of the cliffs and the shadows at the bottom of the cliff are especially nice. I like goauche paints too, I just wish I could find some bigger tubes since I just use them all up!