New easel, paints and paper = happiness

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I seem to have finally put a few things together. My new Schminke paints (arguable whether much better than white knights, but they seem more vibrant - see another thread), nice heavy HP paper and importantly an easel (Jacksons, desk top Eden, knocked down from 65 quid to 20)...and the painting I am now working on is probably the best I have done. Have I found the magic ingredients or am I simply taking more care because I think I have the right stuff together? No idea...but it's working. The addition of an easel is a real boon (go on Syd, say it...told you so). David
I shall say it for him, “Told you so “. Just enjoy them .
things seemed to advance for me when I changed to better paint and paper, many of my students have experienced the same - woohoo!!
David I see you chose HP paper which is the choice of artists who like detail in their painting. I prefer NOT as I want to,paint in a loose style .i even use rough sometimes depending on the subject . And I still cant paint in a loose style. Happy painting ....Syd