Greetings

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I thought I would join up here and introduce myself since I had a splurge on ebay for materials and can feel some art coming on. I am 40 this year and have painted 3 times since school, so hardly prolific... I did A level art but I wasn't very good and focused mainly on abstract work back then but three occasions have inspired me to pick up a paint brush. The first was a beautiful barmaid who came for one summer to earn some money to help see her through art college. I painted her portrait as a gift and we have been friends ever since...and now I fancy painting her again because she was my favourite subject. Secondly was another woman, but we didn't stay in contact, maybe because the painting wasn't too successful and thirdly was a self portrait of myself and girlfriend a few years back. So it seems my interest is painting women, and its been 3 portraits but I am planning on painting some figure next. My preference is acrylic since its easy to work with and I try to give some character rather than attempting to paint photo real (I couldn't manage that anyway) I also like heavy contrast of light vs dark. So I have 4 canvasses on my way and have ideas for 3 paintings, I hope I can get them on canvass as they appear in my minds eye. Wish me luck.
Luck wished 😊
We all need luck..... but practice makes luck more likely to work for you.
Hello and welcome to the forum, Daveyboy.