Palette wanted

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Cheeky post really but I'm starting to play with tubes of schminke paint and I need a box to squirt them into. I like the white nights pallet box because it stores the pans and has mixing trays...equally, I like the small metal ones that holds full pans and has mixing dimples. I will buy one but if anyone has one lying around they wish to flog off do let me know. Seems a shame to want to buy one if you want to sell one. Just a thougbt I had a Liz deakin one but Gave that away to another artist starting out. David
You gave away a lis Deakin palette???? I was going to advise you to BUY one as i think its the cats pyjamas and you made me quite faint in disbelief.I cant fault it and its great for all the wee blobs of dried tube paint in the little "stables" and all the big mixing sections . I suggest you go back to the person you gave it to ,who has maybe taken up golf instead , and ask it back.....Syd

Edited
by SydEdward

You have shocked Syd to his very core..... He advised me long ago to invest in a Liz Deakin palette, and it was a very sound choice. There are many palettes out there, but I doubt you'll do better: apart from you, who gives things away like a man with eight pairs of hands, obviously, those who own a LD palette tend to hang on to them.
Like the look of those apples Syd, do you grow them yourself?
Syd - your palette looks remarkably clean - mine is full of gunge in the corners which I treasure - so good for those muddy bits of contrast and for knocking back some of the garish colours like greens etc Wouldn't be without my gunge. Must say I like the look of your palette - I have two palettes (One in the studio and one in my travelling kit) and they are both in need of replacement (broken hinge on one and cracks in the other) so might look them up.