Composition

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
My next challenge is this image of Lancaster bombers. The painting represents the first wave of Lancs on operation Chastise...the Dambusters. It's not toally accurate, there probably werent this many planes at once (they left in three groups of three, ten minutes apart, for the first wave. But maybe this is wave 3, who knows. They are flying out over Southwold, at night. I have composed the planes but the upper right is empty...will it work if I add a moon and clouds over (again, probably not totally accurate). Equally, I could shift the largest plane right, or add another. Any thoughts dear friends? The rationale for this painting is to show the bombs themselves, hence the perspective as if from a small boat just off shore. David

Edited
by DavidG4YVM

Leave it as it is.... Look forward to seeing colour
Thanks for that. I'll push on then. Syd, sorry you cant see it but I have no idea why! David
Thanks Sylvia. Im starting to test out ways of painting the sky I want...I shall post some painted ideas later. D
Looking forward to watching this one develop.