Feedback on eye

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Could I get some feedback on how to make this look more realistic?
It's a nice drawing but flat. It also looks as if you have used a hard pencil. Do another one in soft pencils 2b to 9b . Or use coloured pencil. Lots of darks contrasting with light . Just enjoy doing lots...
Good effort, but to be supercritical (which is what you requested) the inter corner of the eye looks a bit sharp and cold be a little more curved. there is usually a gap between in the upper and lower lashes. There is usually a shadow under the upper lid. In your eye the shadow is more pronounced towards the outer corner, rather than the inner corner where most of the shadow should be. Hope this helps.
The iris isnt round and the pupil isnt central. The tear duct portion seems to big and has no circular lacuna at the very nasal end (which I THINK eyes do have where the drain lies). And whilst it might be true to your model's life, the peaks of the brow and the lid are so far from coincident that they create disharmony...they do to me anyway. BUT...you asked for critiques so thats what I have done. Its a very good drawing IMHO and if I had done it I'd (eye'd???) be very pleased!! david
Your rendering and patience have created a lovely range of tones, a good drawing. My comment is: The pupil is a circle even if you can't see all of it, keep that in mind.
I agree with Sylvia, and it looks copied from a photograph. Thats why the tones are so close together. Draw from a REAL eye, then you will become better.