Landscape painting - Clearing by the stream

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hiya, Here's a painting I finished a few month ago, what do you think, help me improve with your constructive critisism. www.mindgem.se
Nice painting . welcome to the forum. Your painting should be on the gallery where it will get a bigger showing . The forum is really for discussionsthough this is not evident sometimes.
I saw this in the gallery and I commented at the time. The trees and light at the back are wonderful. I would like to have sometime a bit brighter or lighter in the foreground just to bring it to the front. perhaps more dappled light. Having said that i think your technique is excellent.
Just keep doing what you're doing - I think you have three paintings on the gallery at present, may be more by now; I particularly liked the one with the water in the foreground and autumnal foliage - while I agree with Splosh about the one shown above, the fact that you have got a fairly dark foreground does concentrate the eye on the distance, so you'd want to be careful, if you were to change it, that you didn't make the two areas equally prominent and confuse the eye. I think you probably made the right choice, but perhaps a glint or two in that shaded foreground might just lift it a little. But I like it as it is.
Thanx for your feedback Syd, Splosh and Robert. I appreciate the comments and will take it under consideration. Have a nice day guys.