New member just joined up saying hello

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
My first post and saying hi. I did art many many years ago in school, and I have dabbled with drawing over the years but nothing very serious. I have time on my hands at the moment and I really would love to start painting as a hobby. I am a mature chap based in the North West area, and just now trying to figure out what to buy, and where from. Anyway, hello everyone. 🙂

Edited
by JonChester

Welcome to the party; we think you'll like it here. I dabble in pencils, and my local stationery warehouse has a large art section. Sketchpads I order online because the discounts are really good. There's a wide spread of expertise here and I'm sure they'll all muck in when they've got up (this post timed at 7:05am) :-)
Welcome to the forum - you will have to check manually, as it were, to see if you have replies; and sometimes they can get pushed off the 'front page', if another subject is raised; just click on the subject heading, eg Acrylics, and you'll see a list of the latest posts.
Hi Jon, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find lots to interest you.
Welcome Jon, I'm sure you'll get lots of benefit from the forum, it is well run and there is advice available on every art topic you can think of, and a few more besides.