lights to paint with

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
hi every one .just a thought... but if you fancy having a paint with artificial light .I have done a video on you tube using a tiny led light about three inches square with a couple of batteries, I pointed it at the paper a 11x 15 and with an ordinary camcorder and filmed my self ,,you can us a point and shoot camera ,, go on have a go its good fun. I was doing it with the lights of the room of , so watch were you put your brush ...I only use one brush a mop. so I pop it in my mouth ,,and with the palette in my hand I am off with the fairies ,, you know me I am Alan Owen a nobody ,,I only mention that so you can find the video . ta ta for now and don.t take this art business to serious
MmmmmmmmAlan away with the fairies...sounds fun. Will go have a look. 😊
Alan, my old duck, you are NOT a nobody, and never will be a nobody: you've given inspiration and guidance to many, many people - now develop a bit of justifiable vanity, lad!
hi everyone, well I have given more thought on lighting, the small three inch led ,can be attached to make a small group that probably would be ideal ,but I decided to use a large 5500 k light in a bowl shaped shade ,,,sold as a unit with stand ,and not to expensive ,I will paint the inside of the metal bowl with white they are sold as a video light suitable for different cameras ,and so on, so are very adequat and do the job , another way is to buy a small K 3300 none motion LED outside wall light from a famous DIY store ,(also quite cheap.),this you can fix in your studio,, just in front of your paper well above your head,,so as to cast no shadows , .. ta ta everyone ,see you for now Alan