Large format watercolour and stretching paper

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello, I'm now to this forum so hoping someone might have some pearls of wisdom for me. I'm painting some large format, abstract watercolour paintings on Khadi cotton rag papers. They are 320gsm A1 size. I love the texture of the paper and the rough edges and they are an important part of the aesthetic I'm trying to achieve. My problem is warping paper due to the amount of water I'm using (surprise, surprise). I've only painted directly on to the paper so far but I want to keep it flat and unsure how to achieve this without damaging the paper with tape or stapes. I do't even know if you can soak that type of paper successfully. Any advice would be appreciated!
So far as I know, it's not possible to stretch Khadi paper - but I yield readily to anyone who knows better; and to anyone who would know how to stop if buckling.
Thank you for your responses. I've tried placing it under weighted boards (and a concrete stool) with mixed results but it definitely improves. However I've not tried lightly spraying it first so will give that a go.