Drawing at its very best.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Do go and look at Laszlo Pals latest sketch on the Gallery and have a wander through his life drawings. They really are magnificent. A complete joy .
Yes, Laszlo´s drawings are excellent and apparently have been so for a number of years.
The gallery moves so fast these days, partly because of the 4-a-day postings that it is so easy to overlook such excellent drawing as this. Unfortunately he doesn't give us any information but these look like they are drawn from life classes that you can still see in attendance at art colleges, well some of them anyway. I still call in at two of my old colleges occasionally to have a browse at what's going on and I am pleased to say that life drawing is still a major discipline at both of them; how refreshing to see drawings which have been done directly from a sitter with no reference to any photographs (yes, here we go again), but that is my view anyway. No digital manipulation required here, just good honest raw talent.
Good stuff - something to aspire to
I think what makes them particularly outstanding is his tendency to put his figures within a context. It makes them so real.
As Alan says, fast moving and also I don't get in often enough, wrapped up in other stuff, added to school hols and grand daughter duty. Stunning work in Lazlo's gallery and thanks for high lighting it.