Thought you might like to see some photos of my 'gallery' :D

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Seeing as i have mentioned my 'shop' a few times, I thought you might like to see it. Pictures up as of this week. I had one lady very interested in the framed fox painting today, and she said she is going to have a look at home and see if she can rearrange to free up some wall space, so maybe Flo will find a home. I link to the discussion about pricing in the topic you started Robert, I've priced the painting as follows - Cow - £190, Donkeys - £180, Fox - £90, Pug - £75 and I haven't had any adverse reaction yet - in fact I've had a couple of people talk quite seriously with me about commissions, so that's good. They have information / price labels now, i just took this photo before i'd had a chance to make them. Anyway, hope you don't mind me sharing this here as it's only tenuously linked.
It's great you have shared this with us Lucy - the pricing shouldn't be any lower than you have at present, in my opinion.
Well done Lucy, I'm very pleased for you. As you are now in the money you can buy us all a drink now. 😉
I like it Lucy, looks cosy and inviting, good luck to you.
Well done you - in particular, for having the enterprise to set something like this up, and I agree with Adele: those prices should be your minimum on which you can gradually build.
Oh Lucy this looks wonderful! What a lovely place, certainly my style of shop. I hope you do really well and your paintings look super on the wall. Fingers and toes crossed that you will make a huge success of this enterprising business. Like everyone else, I want to know where it is.
Thank you all for your very kind comment, i'm glad you like it! :D it's absolutely tiny - 7ft by 8ft, but it's on a commission basis rather than rent which is good, and just on a rolling monthly basis for now. Some days go well and others not so well, but i will also be selling the children's clothing on Etsy. It's just outside of Reading in Berkshire. Tao - I'm sorry we never arranged to meet for a coffee. I'm based out of The Herb Farm (garden centre) in Sonning Common, it would be lovely to see you!
The shop looks lovely Lucy, best wishes for it to be a great success.
Hi Tao - I am there every day other than Tuesdays and Wednesdays - would be nice to see you! And thank you Sandra. I sold Flo today, the pink fennec fox - very exciting as it is the first painting i have ever sold to someone that doesn't know me at all :D
Oh Lucy I'm delighted for you, I bet you were sad to see him go though!
Tao - it was lovely to see you the other day - I'm sorry I couldn't talk for longer, it was much busier than I was expecting! If you do pop in another time it would be lovely to grab a coffee and have a proper chat. I'm replying on here in case you don't see it in the comments on my latest piece in the gallery. I thought I'd just update you all on how it's going painting-wise in my shop. It's going really well! In three months I've sold four paintings and also completed two commissions and have another two definite commissions to work on over the next few weeks. Boyfriend thinks i'm pricing too low, mum thinks I'm pricing too high, and i'm just chuffed that people like my work. Sorry I'm not on the forum that much at the moment, I'm still struggling to balance my time, I hope you're all well.
Thanks Tao, we did, was heaving all day, went to bed at 8pm, I was shattered. Have a nice holiday and I might see you again when you're in the area. Lucy