Beautiful Watercolour

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A beautiful watercolour by Avril, which looks like it will vanish from the front page gallery very fast. http://www.painters-online.co.uk/gallery/art-view,picture_198199.htm
Yes just seen this, it's great.
Yes, she is a lovely painter.
Brilliant, isn't it? You feel a positive affection for Avril's decayed, rusting, collapsing objects (which is why I've suggested to her she should paint me.....). Very sound drawing, excellent proportions, observation of everything from perspective to the effect of age and oxidation on old metal. And I'm afraid you're right, it'll be off the front page in nano-seconds (and already is); but then - that's a measure of POL's success, really. There has been some marvellous work over the last couple of weeks, interspersed with work which isn't so great but shows promise for the future - and that's the strength of this site, without wishing to crawl obsequiously to the powers-that-be: we've got wonderful painters, and people who might well become wonderful painters over time; it does create a degree of churn on the pages, but I'd rather have that than an 'elite' who crowd out our beginners and improvers. I think it's healthy - sometimes a bit frustrating, obviously. But there aren't many sites which have the range of abilities and experience this one can offer. And now and then - I'd like to thank our hosts here by saying so.
I echo Robert in saying well done POL for this great site. I'd be lost without it now.
It's great. I like it.