Hello from Dorset

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi there, I'm Amy. I'm a bit of a newbie to art in general, I usually like to sketch in pencil and do everything on the cheap! I have dabbled in acrylic painting, and I'd like to hone my techniques in painting with acrylics, try out watercolour, and get better at sketching too, which is why I have joined this forum-also to grt sone objective criticism of my art as I tend to not think much at all of anything I do. I have been taught nothing in art, it is a hobby I enjoy, although I wish i had taken advantage of opportunities to learn in my schooling years.
Welcome to the forum Amy. Many of us are "hobbyists" and many have not had any art training but have learnt as we have gone along. You have come to the right place. You can put any "Works In Progress" on the forum and ask for advice on how to proceed or advice on any art-based question. There are always artists to help you. Look at the Gallery where you will find lots of styles of painting. Don't worry that you are fairly new to art. Also, of course, the forum is a place where we can exchange our views.
Welcome to the forum Amy, as Adele says most of us are self taught and continue to learn all the time. It's difficult at first to show your work on the gallery as you feel embarrassed at what others may think but put that to the back of your mind and remember we've all been through this and once you get a little confidence you will so enjoy looking and commenting on others work and it's so exciting getting comments on your own work. There are lots of excellent artists who are willing to help with any problems so don't be afraid to ask.