Taking children into art galleries

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
On Friday I had my eldest granddaughter for part of the day..inset day. We went for a coffee and a cake in the Nottingham Arcade. Across from the coffee shop is a small/boutique art gallery. We went into the gallery as requested by my granddaughter. It's not the first time I've taken her in. She loves looking at the paintings on display. On Friday it was pop art, and prints by famous people. She began looking through a book on display with various illustrations of some very nice sketches. "These are nice Nana," she said. "Who are they by," I asked. "Somebody called Bob Dylan." All of a sudden I felt quite old! It gives me great pleasure that a 12 year old loves looking in art galleries, and appreciating and commenting on what she sees. Ellen
How lovely that she is interested Ellen, she must be following you! I said something to my great niece the other day, she is twenty years old, about the Kinks music, she looked at me and shook her head and said she'd never heard of them. I don't know..... the kids of today....... I sound just like my mother used to say when I was young. Oooooh makes you feel old sometimes:D:);)
I have a 14 year old granddaughter who has been properly educated. She likes the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and Texas...and has chosen Art as one of her GCSE options!
:D
Cute girl who are interested in art.
Ellen I am so pleased to hear that your 12 year old granddaughter likes Bob Dylan's work - he is my hero and to hear that a young lady appreciates his work gladdens my heart ;-) Donna
My son was born in 75 and surprised me then that he loved Donovan's music, and surprised me even more when I heard him whistling a classic piece by Benjamin Britten and even though he swears he is hopeless at painting he loves a visit to a art gallery and I know he can draw but like me he is too much of a perfectionist so nothing he does satisfies him. But it is always lovely to know your child loves the same arts as you. I have no grandchildren but i have loved seeing the talent growing in some of my nephews and nieces, one of them sent me a drawing of a horse and rider. The rider needs some improving but I could not fault her horse so you can see where her other love lies lol Hi everyone, excuse my user name I was feeling especially down when I decided on that lol