my first painting....

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
not my first painting but the first posted on here...i mix water colour and acrylics....image copied from a black and white photo..

Edited
by escorial

Nicely drawn... not sure why you mix water colour and acrylic? Is this a work on progress?
finished....i like the thin watercolour wash against the thick acrylic.....one is never finished.......thanks
thanks Sylvia....had a look around before and found a few that jumped out at me and commented....what i would like to find on here is someone who likes to paint pictures taken from photo's in the 80's...especially if the pic's are local to them...cheers
keors i think because it was my youth and a time of great diversity in style and fasion....thanks alanbickley....i just like to put colour into black and white photo's....and the 80's was a time of vibrant colours against stark old industrial backdrops..cheers

Edited
by escorial

thanks Syd.....i don't sketch and take all my images from photo's which just suits me....i use black ink alot because i like the expressionist style...
is it ok for me to put the photograph i used for my painting...it was taken from a catalogue of the artist exhibition...?
pencil,watercolour,acrylic then ink
ok..thankyou....i will take note regards..