pochade box

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Sorry Diane your comment is meaningless to me and no doubt others. Syd
Syd, I think the 'open' is an American make of pochade box and the 'm' is the model. Could be deluded though, I often am.
Those Open 'M' pochard boxes are supposed to be the best on the market, I'm keeping a look out myself for one but I do seem to manage alright with my old one. I think that I noticed Ken Howard using one which probably peeked my interest initially, won't make me paint like him mind you, of that I am certain.
I am happy to give my home made pochade box away, either collect or pay the mailing
My give away pochade is still available
It will carry paint trays, it was a cigar box
Still here. I gave all my oil paints, brushes and stuff away to a pal recently and he's started a night view on the Thames he tells me. Must see the finfished work when don.
Derek ,I found mine to heavy .and size 9x7 to small , I tried to give it away ,,, but it is still here in my garage ,,it is ok for storing bits and bats . .It did not take me long to realise a piece of card board with a paper taped on .and a bag with paints and water was for me I also have a french easel as new for forty quid if anyone is interested ,,,,but they would need to call .

Edited
by alanowen

the easel is the half french type bargain but must be picked up here in Wigan,Hindley ,.and please take the pochard box with it
That's yer actual French....!
I found mine invaluable when the easel wasn't sensible to take to a site.
Showing page 1 of 2