Suggestions for a web-gallery

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Good day to all members! My name is Violetta. I was born in Russia and now living in Argentina. Painting, poetry and my daughter are my biggest passions. I'm painting with oil on canvas and with ink and dip pen. However, my commercial skills are poor and I'm investigating for most convenient art gallery online. Which do you suggest? Browsing with a friend of mine we found https://www.artmajeur.com. It looks nice and has accessible prices for premium services. Any recommedation or advice is much appreciated.
There are three that I know of - the Saatchi online art gallery, Affordable British Art, and Artfinder. How effective they are, I don't know. I've used one of them (Affordable British Art) with complete lack of success, but I understand Artfinder can be effective, and I shall eventually get round to making use of it......
Artfinder share lots of their artists' work on Twitter, so you're getting more than just a wall to hang you work on. I guess you're after somewhere that's going to receive the buyer's payment for you so you're not sending your work into a black hole; and I guess most online galleries will do that.
Thanks a lot! I'm going to look into those options! Merry soon to come Xmas!
I know of 'normal' galleries deducting 50% inclusive of VAT as their commission on sales and have been told of 'London galleries' deducting up to 80% but have no direct experience of the latter. 30% for an online gallery, if it is effective, seems quite reasonable but how do you display the work? If it relies on the artist submitting photographs of the work then the quality of lighting and photography may be critical. Similarly I assume the artist will be responsible for postage and packing of the picture to the purchaser and, especially for web based sales, this could be expensive and another cost to factor in. Is there any 'money back guarantee' if the purchaser is disappointed when receiving the picture and argues the photograph flattered it?
Art prism charges 20% commission and have a very user friendly website.They are a curated art gallery so you are only selected if you are very talented.
I was thinking the same, Syd, but you are brave enough to ask, well done, sir.