Drawing with a stylus on a touch pad on a laptop

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Could anyone help me with this please? I want to buy a stylus with a narrow nib that I can use to draw on a touch pad (not a touch screen) on a laptop. In computer shops, they sell styluses although these are designed for touch screens. Even more, they have blunt nibs - if that's the right word - about the size of a smartie, so you can't accurately position the line on the screen. I'm using free software (openoffice draw) to produce a series of location maps. Most of the lines can easily be done because they are straight, but I also want to draw freehand to show natural features. I can trace the route with a finger, or better still, the edge of my finger nail, although the resulting line looks uneven on the screen. I've tried alternative pointers made of wood, metal, rubber, and none are registered by the touch pad. Is there any other solution ?
If you are looking for a stylus at high price, I'd suggest you Wacom or Adonit stylus, even Apple Pencil. In contrast, if you are looking for a good stylus at low price, I'd suggest you Meko stylus.
hi neo spaghetti works!