Best of British, wooden art box
Leisure Painter, The Artist and Painters-Online 'Best of Britain' Painting CompetitionDawn Farley
Posted on 26 Mar 2012
Best of Britain Painting CompetitionThis year, the nation celebrates The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, with street parties, the Jubilee Woods Project, pageants, parades, concerts, beacons and more. There are all the sporting events in London to look forward to, and it’s also the year of Creative Scotland, Charles Dickens’ bicentenary and Scott of the Antarctic’s centenary.
Be inspired by any of these special events, or simply by all the wonderful things, people, places and history that make Britain what it is – then send us an image of your painting for the chance to win fantastic art prizes from Derwent, a British company celebrating their 180th anniversary this year.
The closing date for entries is 30 September 2012
HOW TO ENTERThere are two categories:
• Leisure Painter category, for the beginner and hobby painter
• The Artist category, for painters with more experience and professional artists
Your entry should be no larger than A4 in size, it must reflect something typically British and can be produced in any medium. Closing date for entries is September 30, 2012. Winners will be notified by October 20th 2012 and the winning artists will need to supply a hi-resolution digital image of the selected work by 1st November 2012 for inclusion in the magazines.
- One winner in each category will win a ‘Best of British' Wooden Box Set – a beautiful, limited edition set containing an amazing selection of Derwent products and commemorative souvenirs worth £499 each!
- Plus four runners up in each category will receive a set of 24 Artbars worth £28.99 each.
- The winning paintings will also feature in the January 2013 of Leisure Painter and The Artist magazines
Sally Bulgin, editor of The Artist, Ingrid Lyon, editor of Leisure Painter, and the team at The Artists’ Publishing Company
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY1. Please submit good-quality photographs, prints or colour copies (no larger than A4) of your painting; or *email a jpg digital image to email@example.com
2. If posting your entry please fill in all details on the entry form (click here to download and print) and attach it to the back of your entry.
3. Post your entry to ‘Best of Britain’ painting competition, The Artists’ Publishing Company, 63-65 High Street, Tenterden, Kent TN30 6BD to arrive no later than 30 September 2012
4. Include a suitably sized stamped, self-addressed envelope if you would like your entry returned. We cannot return entries without this.
5. Winning entrants will be informed by 20 October and the winning artist will be asked to supply a high-resolution digital image of the selected work by 1 November for inclusion in the magazines.
6. Only one entry per artist please.
7. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. By entering our competition you agree to allow The Artist and Leisure Painter to publish, republish and repurpose your artwork in both print and digital formats, including but not limited to magazines, websites, databases and as part of downloadable digital products.
*when emailing your image please include the following information:
- You name and address
- Title, size and medium of work
- Category you are entering - Leisure Painter or The Artist