Enter The 2012 Painters-Online HeptARThlon painting competitionDawn Farley
Posted on 21 May 2012
With 2012 is the year of great sporting events, we are setting you an art workout!
To enter the 2012 Painters-Online HeptARThlon complete any or all of the seven painting challenges we have set out below.
To take part, just choose your favourite medium and create a masterpiece based on any of our HeptARThalon themes (below). Prizes will be given to the winner in each medium and a Gold Medal will go to the artist who submits the best collection of all seven pieces, covering each medium and theme. There is also a special prize for the art club submitting the best collection covering each medium and theme.
During June, July and August take up your brushes and prepare to use your finely honed skills in the following:
- In the spirit of the long jump – any subject involving leaping or springing
- Paint fast and loose to win the 200m!
- Like the javelin event – objects that are sharp or pointed, or point the way
- To reflect the high jump – paint anything that involves height or high places
- In the spirit of the hurdles – depict figures or animals climbing or jumping
- A subject that portrays ‘slow and steady', which you might be for the 800m
- And finally, like the shot putt – paint anything ‘round and heavy’
Don't forget you need only paint one subject in any medium for the chance to win a prize, but to go for GOLD you must complete all seven themes using a different medium for each one!
The prizesOur grateful thanks for our generous sponsors: Painters'books, Derwent, Winsor & Newton and Artist Residence Hotel Cornwall.
There will be a prize for the winning entry in each medium (click on each medium above for prize details); a Gold prize worth more than £300 for the best overall artist entering all seven categories (see below); and a special prize for the best art society entry (see * below).
All entries will be shown on Painters-Online and the winning entries will feature in a future issue of both Leisure Painter and The Artist magazines.
* Art societies: why not challenge your members to go for GOLD. A special prize of LP and TA magazine subscriptions and a selection of art materials will be awarded to the best group entry that comprises all seven media and subjects.
Individual competitor gold prize details - worth over £300!Win a two night stay for two, at the Artist Residence Hotel in Penzance! Artist Residence Hip Boutique Guesthouse & Gallery is one of the most exciting places to stay in Cornwall.
Artist Residence offers nine individually designed and decorated rooms by young artists and designers from Cornwall and across the UK. With a passion for friendly and enthusiastic hospitality in a relaxed and creative environment, and a commitment to the contemporary artistic heritage of Cornwall and Art & Design, Artist Residence has successfully combined these to create a hip, fun and refreshing hotel... redefining the hotel experience.
Artist Residence is a newly renovated Grade II Listed 1600 Georgian House Building, on historic Chapel Street, Penzance in fabulous South West Cornwall!
Plus:Derwent 36 tin Artbar set and accessories, and the following art books from Painters' books:
- Artist's Career Guide
- Ultimate Guide to Coloured Pencils
- Creative and Abstract Painting Techniques
- Realistic Watercolour Portraits
- Acrylic Revolution
1. Email your entry or entries as jpg attachments to email@example.com, with the following information:
How to enter
Your name and address, title, medium and size of the work
2. Entries must be submitted by 1 September 2012. Please allow four days for confirmation of receipt. Winning entrants will be informed by 30 September
The judges: The Painters-Online and Painters'books teams. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
Please note: By entering our competition you agree to allow Leisure Painter and The Artist to publish, republish and repurpose your artwork in both print and digital formats, including but not limited to magazines, websites, databases and as part of downloadable digital products